Whether called Third Stream, Academic Enterprise or Knowledge Transfer, a range of activities exist which are an important part of the future of HE:
Why should Academic Staff engage in Third Stream / Academic Enterprise?
- Increased links with Industry Professionals / networks
- Industry relevant research possibilities
- Profile raising
- Some schemes fund staff 'buy-out' time
- Adding enterprise into the curriculum
- Increasing student employability
- Extra funds for the Subject / Dept area
HEFCE Agenda / MMU Strategic Plan 2007-2020
- The UK's leading University for world class professionals
- A University which places quality and employability as our top priorities
- A University whose curriculum is informed by high quality research, scholarship and enterprise
- An enterprising organisation with enterprising staff and students
- A University whose expertise, research and other resources support the social and economic development of the region
What is Third Stream / Academic Enterprise?
A whole range of activities can be classed under this area, including:
- Externally / Internally funded projects
- Employer Engagement
- CPD training courses (including International, Educational and Industry)
- Live company class projects / competitions
- Student Placement / work experience
- Consultancy / Company Research
- Validating Existing courses
What help and support is there at MMU?
- Each Faculty has a Business Development Manager
- Art and Design also has a Director of Creative Manchester
- Faculty Accountant / Central Finance
- Collaborative Partnerships Office
- Legal Department
- RED Office
Please contact us for more information.
See our Case Studies for examples of how staff have worked with business.