Architecture / Art Direction / Creative Business Development / Design Management / Digital Film Making and Photography / Fashion and Textiles Design / Graphic Design / Illustration / Interior Design / Landscape Design and Public Art / Product Design / Research and Development
The Faculty of Art and Design has wide range of expertise and services to work with you in the development of your business, including:
Schemes such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP's) would enable the resources of the university, experienced Academics and talented graduates to contribute to your company's growth. Possibilities include:
Partnerships to explore the digital possibilities and new business models of future technology with Creative Manchester
Research and Development for your business, including:
By working with Faculty, you can spot talent early, and help to nurture them to make them more industry ready and strong contenders to work for your company when they graduate. Possibilities include:
- Live 'in class' Projects
- Delivering workshops / talks to students
- Placements and Work Experience
- Degree Show
The University can work with you to develop work based / classroom based training to meet skills and training needs. Possibilities include:
- Bespoke short training courses (CPD)
- Part-time post-graduate degrees
- University Accreditation for your own training courses
See our Case Studies for examples of how we work with industry.
The next page lists some of the services we offer to help your business.
Work With MMU to Help Your Business
- Free advertisement of all jobs and placements suitable for students and recent graduates through the Employability and Careers Service
- Undertake collaborative research or set up a Knowledge Transfer Partnership; to find out more please contact us.
- Offer work placements and projects to act as an extended selection process, enabling you to take a longer look at a potential employee and get a job done with the benefit of fresh thinking.
- Offer work shadowing, advice and information to students to help them gain a realistic picture of an occupation and make a positive choice of career.
- Produce better equipped graduates and benefit both students and academics by contributing the latest knowledge and expertise from industry and the professions to University courses.
- Mentor students on an individual basis to improve their occupational knowledge and business awareness whilst developing the communication skills of the mentor as part of their CPD. See Mentormatch.
- Add value to vacation and part-time student work by enhancing their commercial awareness to involve them more in the business.
- Plan structured training for graduate recruits to attract better candidates and help with their retention.
- Sponsor business games and competitions.
- Get involved with our employability certificate, the MMU Professional Passport.
To find out more about the services we can offer please contact us.